Illinois Agland Services, Inc.
Illinois Agland Services Inc. is an Agricultural business offering Farmland Real Estate Brokerage Services and Farm Management Services to our clients in Illinois and Wisconsin. We also offer Farmland Auction Services in Illinois.
We formed our company several years ago to meet the growing demand for progressive and professional farm management. We saw a need for the implementation of a modern and unique lease that would provide a continual and fair return for the farmland investor. We saw a need to be progressive and to utilize the new and available farm technology to provide a continual and open flow of information, from the farm to the farm manager and farm owner. We saw a need for all of this to be open and verifiable to the owner. We wanted a farm management company that really worked hard on being able to provide a high rate of return for the investor, while maintaining a reasonable margin of profit for the farm tenant. Over the past few years, we have seen these practices implemented on the farms that we manage throughout Illinois. In addition, we will continue to improve on all of these processes and remain open to learning new ways and new practices for Farm Management.
In order to meet the demand of today’s expectations for farm management, we provide the experience required to keep abreast of all facets of agriculture such as product input costs, insurance products for risk abatement, seed technology, equipment technology, the costs of farming in general, governmental regulations and world events that affect agriculture. Perhaps the most important service that we provide is guidance in the Income Tax implications of selling, trading and purchasing farmland. We have helped to facilitate many 1031 exchanges and continue to help farmland owners navigate through the proper ownership structure that best allows for the transfer of land from this generation to the next.
As farm managers, we will provide the following services:
- All negotiations with tenants, operators or any others involved with your farming operation.
- Provide you with our new, Base Plus Bonus, lease that will offer a verifiable, yearly cash rent income, that is not subject to yield variation, but is based on CBOT December Corn futures. Or, we will provide the standard crop share lease, as requested.
- Leadership, communication and direction with all farm tenants to help insure success in their farming operation, as well.
- We will provide Access to our pool of successful farm tenants.
- All tenant selection and their financial background review.
- Supervision of all work and crops planned, including fertility maintenance, soil compactions issues, commonly accepted farming practices, weed control, farm drainage issues, repairs and general farm appearance.
- Collection and supervision of all rents due and for the payment of all bills due, including real estate taxes.
- Annual reports of receipts and disbursements for all farms managed. Of course our books are always open for your review and the net balance in your account will be paid at your request or as pre-arranged.
- Seasonal reports on the crop progress and final yields as well as reports on any special projects undertaken on the farm.